Sunday, February 26, 2006

an Adventure


We're back from another winter adventure.

What a fun trip. Both days David took the little guys to race in the Nastar races. I am proud to say that David, David, and Ashley all placed and received a bronze metal. Elizabeth & Shauna were only a fraction of a second (literally) from placing. They'll try again next time :)

It was fun skiing with Michele. We had no kids to worry about since they were at the Nastar races. We got in so much skiing milage. The conditions varied not only from day to day, but on the second day they varied hour to hour. Before we headed in for lunch, the conditions were pretty icy (which I hate). Then it started snowing - it wasn't that heavy, but it was steady. We came out an hour later and headed to the summit - the ice patches were all gone & it was just thick, fluffy powder.

On one of our black diamond runs I encountered a small problem. My confidence was high, I was very comfortable - life was good - when from behind a snowboarder came at me and literally ran me over. Him knocking into me threw me into the air & then I landed with a thud on my right thigh. Michele missed the entire thing because she was in front of me. Some nice lady came over to make sure I was okay. I got up, met Michele at the bottom and we continued on. A few runs later, out of nowhere Michele starts laughing. She had come up with a line to a new song... "Grandma got run over by a snowboard" LOL! That night when they came over for dinner we were treated to watching Michele & her family sing & act out the first verse. Friends... you gotta love them.



Besides the skiing, we had the most incredible sledding conditions. We hiked up our "secret" hill and the conditions were so much fun for the kids. They plowed down on their taboggans and the snow was so thick & deep that the kids looked like one big fluffy cloud barrelling down the hill.

One more ski trip in March and our winter camping will come to an end. It goes by way too fast.




5 comments:

Anonymous said...

BRRRRRRRR..... That's ALL I can say! HA!

Dawn said...

Ingrid, that sounds like a great adventure :) I love the song....now that's funny!! YOu know I'm going to have to sing it to you when I see you again LOL!

The pictures look great. I can tell you all had fun!

take care,
Dawn

ingrid said...

Don't go there Dawn LOL!

marianne said...

Sounds like such fun - love the song! lol

Portrait of Peter said...

Luv the photo's and your descriptive blog too.

Hope I can encourage you to recommence blogging on a daily basis - you do have the natural talent.