Wednesday, March 01, 2006

David's Birthday


So he's 14. Hard to believe. I remember when he was born. My tubes had been tied & I never thought I'd have any more children. I was done. I had the 2 best kids in the world - why upset something that was just right? But my life would not have been complete without the last 4.
Our (David & mine) dear sweet generous parents helped us to financially take a gamble - $12,000+ out of pocket. Odds for success: 15-25%. We beat the odds.
What a blessing he has been. He is sweet, he is sincere, he is kind and he is naive. He loves his family, loves God, respects his parents, & adores all of his sisters. He has no problem teasing the younger 3, but will take up for them in a hearbeat. He looks up to and so respects his older two sisters. So much so that when he talks about them you can see the glow in his eyes. J & K have always doted on him. They helped feed him, changed his diapers, sang to him & played with him. They have earned that special spot in his heart. When he talks about them it is with admiration & respect. He wants to grow up and be just as successful and 'neat' as they are.















This is Jes & David at Christmas. I have pictures of Kristin with the girls at Christmas, but not one of just her & David - but if I did, you'd see that same happy glow. He loves it when they come "home" and adores them both as much now as he ever has.


I can not imagine life without our only son. Cast in the middle of 5 girls - he handles it so well.


The 'little guys' all make eachother gifts for their b-days and this year was no exception. Shauna made David a keychain that said "you rock". Elizabeth made David a 'door hanger' (it was supposed to be a bracelet, but she knew he'd never wear it, so she changed the title to 'door hanger' Anyway.... She ran out of letters. She wanted to spell "best brother" - but had no t,h,e or r. So she came up with 'best bro'. Great! Except that she strung the letters backwards. When David opened the gift, he said "cool! best orb!!!" (mom, what's an orb???)
Elizabeth offered to restring it, but Dave asked her not to - he wanted to remember it just as it was.

That's my guy.


2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful tribute to a fine young man. From one mother to another, I know just how special they are. Blessings to David's life.

Dawn said...

Gee Ingrid, that made me cry!!! What a wonderful family you have. I love seeing the pictures. There is no greater gift than being a mother!!!! Thank you for sharing your children's relationships in this post. I know how much they all mean to you!

take care,
Dawn