Wednesday, February 08, 2006

The View


What a feeling it is to watch your youngest take a run from the summit. She runs with the big dogs and has no problem keeping up. I have to say, this has been our best ski year ever - well, except for when we used to go to Smuggler's. It is so neat to take the highspeed lift to the summit with all of the little guys and be able to ski as a family. No more bunny slopes (though sometimes I miss those days :) & no more worries about terrain being to difficult. They all love the challenge of a black diamond. I still don't like the terrain park. I've seen the ski patrol at more accident sites than I care to. So, I am thankful that none of the kids want to try the rails and that they are content doing the jumps - at least for now. It's funny how David makes skiing look so easy. I love to watch him - he can do jumps, ski backwards & race down the mountain like no one else. He's a natural and fortunately the kids have his skiing talent.

Now, if we could just get a bit more snow, I'd be an even happier camper!

4 comments:

Dawn said...

Ingrid, that's such a great picture!! I am so happy that you got this figured out. Terrific work!!

You are the skiingest family I know :)

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hi Ingrid, it's me Dawn. Just checking to see if I could post a comment anonymously :) I'm still loving your blog :)

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Hi, thanks for letting me in. Your blog look supercalifragilisticexpialidocious.

I am so impressed with you guys.

Anonymous said...

Hi Ingrid! I love your view! I haven't being skiing for years but I've been on my DH for a trip the last year or so. I'm hoping for next year ;-)
Melissa P.