Saturday, March 11, 2006

Going Home


I'm going home. Not my 'real' home, at least not anymore. But it's my original home. It's the land where I was born - where my sisters & brother grew up, where I lived till I was 3. After all these years, it's where my family still is.

Funny, but it's hard going back. (besides the fact that I am TERRIFIED to fly - and I make NO secret of it!), not because I don't enjoy the visit and the memories and seeing my sisters & other family members, but it's hard leaving. Not the country, it's hard leaving mom.

So for those that know me, please keep me in your thoughts and prayers while I'm gone. And say a prayer for David too. He is such an amazing guy. Our business is run by both of us - he's going to have a double load on the business front while I'm gone PLUS, he'll have the weight of doing all the school driving (20 minutes each way 4 times a day - normally we each drive one shift) Not to mention the after school activities, the meals, shopping, laundry - everything. He is going to have his hands very full. I never hope for 'less business' at the shop, but I hope that this upcoming week is a relatively quite & non-crazy one.

4 comments:

marianne said...

Oh, how exciting! Have a wonderful trip and visit. I'll keep you and your family in my thoughts - don't worry and do enjoy!!

Anonymous said...

The blessing of this trip is wrapped in hard to love paper (flying), but nonethelesss, I truly believe it is a blessing. I know you believe it, too.

God will be sitting next to you every second of the flight. Just close your eyes and feel him.

Take in every minute of time with your mother. She will love seeing you.

Sometimes it is not until later that we realize how wonderful something is. I will pray for you and your family. And, I will rejoice when you are home again.

Dawn said...

Ingrid I know how nervous you are flying (and really it's the pass port thing keeping me here LOL!).

You will feel like every second was worth it once you see your mom.

You also know that you have a lot of people keeping you in their prayers and sending positive thought your way.

Let David know that if there is anything I can do to help just call!!!! (I know which restaurants deliever LOL!).

Have a wonderful time!

take care,
Dawn

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Ingrid. I missed you.